Free jumping competition
The free jumping competitions of the Hannoveraner Jumper Breeding Program in April are the showcase for three- and four-year-old talents. Since 1997, they have been a fixed date in the calendar of show jumping breeders and riders. Numerous careers have already started in the Niedersachsenhalle.
Selection Criteria for mares
In principle, every mare registered in a section of the Hannoveraner Stud Book that has four generations of jumping pedigree is marked with the PHS symbol without *.
Marking with a star * is done on the basis of the mare's own performance in the mare performance test or at the sport test.
- An score for free jumping (average of technique, scope and jumping intelligence) of 8.5 or better as well as a breeding value for jumping, based on the evaluations in the mare performance test, of at least 125 points is required. If both parents were registered in the show jumping programme, then no requirements are made regarding the breeding value apart from the free jumping score of at least 8.5.
- A jumping score of 8.0 or better in the Hannoveraner Sport Test Jumping.
- A placing in the Verden Free Jumping Competition in 1st to 3rd place.
A marking with two stars ** is made on the basis of own performance in sport. Own sport successes:
- Three placings class M* (1.30 metres) or higher.
- Qualification for the Bundeschampionat/World Championships for young show jumpers.
- Final placing in the Hannoveraner Show Jumping Championships.
- Final placiung in the Hannoveraner Show Jumping Masters.
A three-star *** marking is awarded on the basis of offspring success in sport. Two offspring with one of the following successes each are required:
- One offspring with a qualification for the Bundeschampionat/World Championships for young show jumpers.
- One offspring with a final placement in the Hannoveraner Show Jumping Championships.
- One offspring with a placing in the Hannoveraner Show Jumping Masters.
- One offspring with a placing in show jumping competitions from 1.40 metres upwards.
Selection Criteria for stallions
Three and four year old stallions:
Preliminary registration of the Stakkato-Prize winners
Five year old stallions
- Qualification for the Bundeschampionat
- Participation in the Final of the World Championships for Young Show Jumpers
- Placing in the Final of the Hannoveraner Show Jumping Championships or Hannoveraner Masters
Six year old stallions
- Qualification Bundeschampionat
- Participation in the Final of the World Championship for Young Show Jumpers
- Placing in the Final of the Hannoveraner Show Jumping Horse Championships or in the Hannoveraner Masters
Seven year old stallions
- One placing in 1st to 5th place in 1.40 meter classes or higher
Eight year old stallions
- One placing in 1st to 5th place in 1.45 meter classes or higher or internationally in 1.40 meter classes or higher
Nine-year-old and older stallions
- One placing in 1.50 meter classes or higher
- Top 100 of the WBFSH ranking
- Top 100 of the HEK breeding value estimation
The programme brochure lists each participating mare with pedigree, mare line, breeder, owner and previous year's breeding.
» Download Brochure 2023
Sticker for the horse passport of your PHS*/**/*** mare
On request you will receive a sticker for the horse passport of your mare, you can apply for it here. The processing fee is 10,00 € plus VAT. If your mare reaches a higher level in the PHS system, you can apply for a new sticker. For future offspring, the highest level achieved by the mare will appear in the pedigree.
Order a valuable stable plaque for mares participating in the Hannoveraner Jumper Breeding program now! This shows the logo of the program with the data of the mare.
Breeding fee reduction for the PHS*, PHS** and PHS*** mares
Some stallion stations offer a stud fee reduction for the PHS*, PHS** and PHS*** mares.
Do you have any questions about the Hanoverian Show Jumping Breeding Program or the Free Jumping Competition in Verden? We will be happy to help you.