Hanoverian Dam lines
Mares out of well-bred foundation lines with secured hereditary qualities are the horse breeder’s most supreme good. The Hanoverian breed offers a particularly wide range of first-class dam lines that regularly deliver excellent competition horses for the different disciplines, licensed stallions and valuable brood mares.
Hanoverian Dam Line - System
„Hannoveraner Dam Line“ offers every breeder the possibility to obtain detailed information about each registered Hanoverian dam line. There is information available about
- the origin of the individual foundation line (foundation mare, breeding site)
- its distribution (overall quantity and number of currently registered brood mares)
- number of state premium mares
- number of stallions licensed in Hanover including their names and pedigree links
- number of auction horses
- successes in sport including the names of exceptional Hanoverian competition horses
The basis of "Hannoveraner Dam Line"
The first edition of the “Hannoveraner Stutbuch/Hanoverian Studbook”, founded in 1888, served as the basis. Earlier family relations have not been considered.
All those foundation lines of mares with a Hanoverian or East-Friesian background have been processed that were active brood mares with the Hannoveraner Verband in 2006. Foundation lines that have proven to originate in a foundation mare of another approved breed (for example English thoroughbred, Trakehner, Holsteiner etc.) have not yet been finally worked on.
* Hannoveraner breeders, Hannoveraner partners, Hannoveraner young breeders